Admission to Saint Vincent College is competitive. As we look at your application, our foremost consideration will be your academic potential. We'll look for indications of your academic and extracurricular achievement as well as for information that will help us evaluate your academic ability, character, motivation, and promise.
Here are some of the things we'll take into account:
- *The level and number of the academic courses you've taken
- *Your grade-point average
- Your standardized test scores (SAT, ACT or CLT) (Not Required, See Below)
- Your class ranking - if available (75 percent of our students were in the top two-fifths of their high school classes)
- Your admission essay (if submitted - optional)
- Your extracurricular activities
- Your recommendation(s) (if submitted - optional)
For Test-Optional Applicants:
Applicants who did not take the SAT/ACT will be required to submit one of the following items to aid in the application review process.
- 3-5 page writing sample from a junior- or senior-level high school course
- Personal statement of no more than 3 printed pages or video of no more than 5 minutes responding to the provided prompt:
- Prompt: Saint Vincent is a learning community based in academic rigor, service and personal/spiritual growth. How do you plan to contribute to our community during your time as a student?
- Virtual interview with admission counselor or Dean of Admission
- Each applicant will be evaluated on academic performance, rigor of high school curriculum, class rank (when provided), one or more of the test optional additional requirements in lieu of test scores, extracurricular activities/involvement, letters of recommendation (optional), motivation, character, and potential for success at Saint Vincent College.
To be admitted to Saint Vincent College, you'll need to complete 16 academic units of secondary school work. These 16 units must include four units of English, at least three units of college preparatory mathematics, one unit of laboratory science, three units of social science and two units of a foreign language among five elective units.
If you plan to major in engineering, you must have one unit of plane geometry, one unit of intermediate algebra, one unit of physics, and one-half unit of trigonometry in addition to the other requirements.
If you intend to pursue a degree in music, you must audition for acceptance to that department.
If you're applying to Saint Vincent College to study art, you'll need to submit a portfolio of your work to the Art Department.
If your secondary school program differs significantly from the program we've described, please consult our office of Admission and Financial Aid.